It’s the joyous time of year when we come together to celebrate the ending of the old and the beginning of the new. Join the Shire of Caer Adamant at the beautiful and evocative Greenbank Mills (Wilmington, Delaware) for good cheer, a bite to eat, and maybe a few other little traditions of the seasons. Since this falls on the actual Winter Solstice (11:19 pm in our hemisphere) we will try to have some traditional celebrations such as a bonfire and other outdoor activities, weather permitting.
If you wish to help decorate the Mill or want to help with things to do during the evening, please send Lady Dionise O’Towie (Denise Setchko) an IM to volunteer or with ideas.
Saturday, December 21, 2019 5 PM – 9:30 PM
5:00 pm Doors Open
5:30 pm Shire Business Meeting & Cocktail Hour (all are welcomed to attend)
6:30 pm Potluck Feast, Games, Storytelling and more
9:30 pm Clean up
If you are still there at 9:30 pm, that means you are staying to help clean up.
Greenbank Mills & Philips Farm, 500 Greenbank Road, Wilmington, DE 19808.
NOTE: The small parking lot directly in front of the Mill is reserved to accommodate those with accessibility/mobility needs. Those who do not require accessibility/mobility accommodation are asked to park in the lot next door. We will have folks on site to guide you.
Please contribute to the potluck feast and bring your own beverage (and some to share if you are so inclined!) Also, bring your own feast gear and drinking vessels.
- Yes, there are outlets for crock-pots.
- No, there is no kitchen, oven, stove or refrigerator. Plan accordingly.
- Please bring serving spoons, carving knives and so on (labeled with your name)
- Please list all ingredients so those with dietary restrictions can be aware.
Potluck signup here:
- Meat/primary dishes (4 needed)
- Side dishes: veggies and others (9 needed)
- Desserts: nom, nom, nom (5 needed)
- Non-alcoholic Beverages: includes water (2 needed)
- Other Food Stuff: tidbits, crudités, etc. that don’t fill other categories (10 needed)
There is no charge for this event, but please bring a dish to share.