“Much have I journeyed, much experienced, mighty ones many proved. What mortals will live, when the great Fimbulwinter shall from men have passed?”
Vafþrúðnismál, the Poetic Edda
Fimbulwinter is the darkest winter, the especially dark and deep and long lasting one that heralds the end of the Norse Gods, so us getting together to have a “last supper”.
Saturday, March 23, 2019 from 10:00 AM to 7:00 PM
MARTIAL ACTIVITIES (11:00 AM)
- Rapier fighters and Thrown Weapons
We’ll have an update for you, but we want you there!
- Heavy Combat Fighters, there will be a Valhalla Tourney
All fighters start on the field. If you are defeated in single combat, you are to join that fighters cohort off the field, and any fighters currently in your cohort are released to the field so pick new single combats. Last man standing wins the tournament.
FEAST (3:00 PM)
The primary focus of this event is the Feast which will be held in the hall and is set to start at 3:00 PM. Seating is limited to 50 and the site fee includes the cost of the meal.
NORSE NINE LARGESS CHALLENGE
- For non-combatants. Each competitor should donate nine individual items for Largess. These can be nine of all the same item, or nine items on a common theme. More than nine items will, of course, be welcome, though more than nine items will not get ‘extra points’. Documentation is welcome, but not required. The theme aim is “Fimbulwinter” or Norse mythology, but please feel free to deviate from that theme as you wish.All entrants must make, create and donate nine (9) items based on a theme that are suitable for largess. They don’t have to be identical. Needle books, rings, fibula, leather pouches, etc. All entries must be ready to be gifted the day of the Challenge.
Greenbank Mills & Philips Farm, 500 Greenbank Rd, Wilmington, DE 19808
COST & OTHER INFO
- East Kingdom Event Listing
- Facebook Event (for up-to-the-minute event info):