Shire Event Documents
- Outline of the Shire Process of Autocratting
(PDF of event proposal information and forms)
Waiver Forms for SCA Events and Practices
Individuals who attend SCA events or participate in combat/fighter practices must either present a blue membership card (which shows that they have a signed waiver on file at the SCA Member Services office), or they must sign a waiver at the gate. (see a letter from the SCA President regarding waivers)
- Waivers for events and practices; minors’ medical authorization (available at the SCA.org website)
- East Kingdom Waiver Policy (all local seneschals should be familiar with this policy)
Sign-in sheets are required for all events. These forms must be located at the event entry table (gate/troll)
- A Simple Sign-in sheet (Excel format). This sheet has forms for pre-registered and non-preregistered event attendees. Please read the instructions. It will be an easy way to comply with all the requirements for sign-in sheets, waivers and reporting.
SCA Harassment Policy
Must be posted at the event entry table (gate/troll)
Per the Society Seneschal July 17, 2017: The following statements must be posted at gate/troll at every SCA event in a size large enough for people to see it as they enter our events. This language must likewise be quoted in ALL site handouts at every event a site where a handout is made available.
- THE SCA PROHIBITS HARASSMENT AND BULLYING OF ALL INDIVIDUALS AND GROUPS.
- Participants engaging in this behavior are subject to appropriate sanctions.
- If you are subjected to harassment, bullying or retaliation, or if you become aware of anyone being harassed or bullied, contact a seneschal, President of the SCA, or your Kingdom’s Board Ombudsman.
- Harassment and Bullying Policy (available on the SCA website)
- SCA Waivers for events and practices; minors’ medical authorization
- Incident Report – Harassment
EK Event Report (post-event report)
The event Autocrat is responsible for collecting all information and documents from Troll/Gate, Head Cook and etc. and submitting them to the Shire Exchequer. The event Autocrat should also be prepared to assist the Shire Exchequer in preparing Event Report to be submitted to the East Kingdom.
- Event Reports are due 30 Days after the Event This report includes accounting for all event income and expenses, by category, and attendance (and is retained for a minimum of three years). View EK Event Report Form.
- NMS Reports are due to the East Kingdom 10 Days after the Event.
- What to give the Shire Exchequer (within 7 days of the event):
- PAYMENTS: At the close of an event, the person responsible for Troll/Gate and the Autocrat shall reconcile the attendance list to funds collected. Those reports and funds, along with any non-gate related income received, must be submitted to the Shire Exchequer.
- EXPENSE RECEIPTS: The event Autocrat should collect and submit, or individuals should submit, all clearly labeled written receipts for event specific purchases only to the Shire Exchequer.
- Authorized expenses shall be reimbursed by the Shire Exchequer based on written receipts tendered.
- Expenses will only be paid with valid documentation.
- No expenses will be reimbursed from an event cash box.
- SIGN IN SHEETS & WAIVERS: The person responsible for Troll/Gate and the Autocrat must submit all Sign-in Sheets and indications of compliance with Waivers to the Shire Exchequer.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact the Shire Seneschal or the East Kingdom Seneschal.