Testing the blog subscription stuff
Good Afternoon! As we move into the last quarter of 2015, I would like to make some announcements about local goings-on and events.
- A copy of the bylaws that was updated last year has been recovered from the lifeless husk of a computer! If you would like to go over the notes and make any changes, please meet me prior to Fighter Practice this Sunday, October 4 at 11:30-1:00. Please email me (Ellenrw1@yahoo.com) or text me if you plan to join me so I can bring enough copies and bagels.
- Recommendations for the second polling of Brennan II and Caoilfhionn II will be accepted through the end of Friday October 9, 2015. Please make sure to get your recommendations in for those that you feel are deserving. http://surveys.eastkingdom.org/index.php/945932/lang-en
- Adolphus has very kindly offered to step up as my deputy, and I am very excited to have his help. Please feel free to contact him as well as myself with any questions about the current Shire events. You will find his information of the Shire website shortly. Onboarding into a deputy position can take some time, so please be kind if it takes us an extra day to get back to your request.
- With so much to do in the last three months of the year, I am going to ask for assistance getting classes together and setting up meetings. Thank you to everyone who has offered to help, I truly appreciate it!
- The November business meeting will be in Dover, and prospective dates and locations are being looked into.
- There are a number of great events coming up in the East Kingdom that I hope to see you at like Shire Wars, the Shire’s Tourney of the Fallen Stag and the Yuletide parties. Don’t forget about our Schola in the Shire Royal Progress event in February 2016, too!
- Please consider donating something small to the Treasure Chest we are creating for the Royals to be presented in February, posts have been shared to Facebook with ideas.
Yours in Service,
Please join the Shire of Caer Adamant at the Tournament of the Fallen Stag on
October 24, 2015 at Glasgow Park, Glasgow, Delaware.
We will be holding a timed points tourney to ensure everyone gets plenty of fighting. Registration starts at 10:00 am; Tournament starts at 12 pm, and site closes at 6:00 pm. There will be prizes for:
Highest Placed Shire Fighter (Shire Champion)
Best Female Fighter
Spectators are most welcome, and garb is strongly encouraged. Site is a county park, so the public will be attendance. We will have the Gold Key (clothing that can be borrowed for the day) available for those who wish to use it. This event is free of charge, and there is no Feast. Dayboard and refreshments TBD. No alcohol as this is county park.
Baron Simon Montgumery (Jim Stackable)
Glasgow Park, Glasgow, Delaware
Route 40 between Route 896 and Route 72. See map below for location details.
10:00 am – site opens
10:00 am – registration for tourney begins
12:00 pm – tourney begins
3:00 pm – ‘pot luck’ dayboard starts
6:00 pm – site closes
Check back here and the Shire’s Facebook page for more information as the date gets closer.
The September Caer Adamant business meeting will be in Dover.
Date: Saturday, September 12, 2015
Time: 3:30 p.m. to 4:30ish
Location: Dover Public Library (see map below for directions)
Dress is casual; no garb please.
Everyone is welcome to attend!
October’s meeting will resume the normal monthly schedule of every third Sunday at Days of Knights in Newark at 5:00 p.m.
The following announcement has been made by the SCA, Inc. Board of Directors regarding the office of the Chirurgeonate.
I’m so sorry to report that archery and thrown weapons practice is no longer going to be held at Padrig’s residence. We will be looking for a new site, and all assistance would be appreciated. We truly appreciate the time and space, and big thanks goes out to Padraig for the many many years of service.
I want to express my thanks to the outgoing officers of The Shire. Wulf and Sean both stepped up two years ago to take positions as Knight Marshal, and Herald, respectively. Both positions required a lot of work. Wulf dedicated himself every week to answering emails, and making sure that Sunday practice continued. Sean promoted all aspects of Heraldry throughout his term, and encouraged many others to continue their personal journey of seeking more information on the subject.
It is so very important that we recognize Sybilla, who not only completed her first term as Exchanger, but volunteered to take on another one. Stepping into a new roll brings a steep learning curve, and with an additional term comes a great amount of knowledge and security.
This month Alexi was voted in as the new Knight Marshal, and Simeon as our new Herald. Thank you both for stepping up into these rolls. Make sure to ask a lot of questions. 😉 I am so excited to see what you will both bring to the table!
A very big thanks to the whole staff who keep the Shire running. You guys are great!